With the Holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to include an arts and crafts project for you and your pup. This recipe is an easy way to make a homemade paw print keepsake. You can hang it on a tree or display it on a mantle.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salt
1.5 cups water
Clear Glaze Finish or Mod Podge
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Farenheight.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, knead for about 10 minutes.
3. Roll out, about 1/4"-1/2" thick.
4. Place your dog's paw into the dough, and press firmly.
5. Find a cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut out around the pawprint.
6. If you would like to make it into an ornament, use a straw, and make a hole where you want to hand your ornament.
7. Place on a baking sheet, bake for about 2 hours.
8. Once cool, decorate as you would like (I used a sharpie).
9. Spray with clear glaze finish or paint with modge podge.
Above is the paw-print ornament I made with Dustin. I like the way it came out but I do wish I had pressed his paw into the dough a little more firmly. I also made the dough as per the recipe directions, if you are only making one or two paw-prints you could probably cut the recipe in half. I had a lot of leftover dough go to waste.
© Leash and Learn 2019